Thursday, March 02, 2017

deaddiction

One of the things that really make me feel depressed and unproductive is the time I waste on the phone and internet. 

Like any other addiction, it gives a temporary high, a little bit of instant gratification, and then makes you want more and more of it, and eventually leaves you feeling very depressed. 

Plus the social media and news has been getting more and more depressing, and I know just like I stopped TV, I need to get off these social media platforms. It will mean that my already depleted friends circle and limited social interaction will take a further nosedive, but considering how much negativity I will be able to avoid, it is a no-contest. Besides , there is always good old email and the still useful whatsapp to stay in touch. 

So operation taper down has been on for a few weeks, will try to add momentum to it. Bring down daily phone use below 1.5 hours. Lets see in a week how it looks. 

No comments: