Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Unbound : Indian Women @ Work - Gita Aravamudan

A rather disappointing read.

It goes over the stories and issues of the working women of india, but fails to present either the stories in an interesting light, or provide a thought provoking insight/analysis of the issues at hand.

If it wasn't for the fact that I see a little of myself in many of them, I'd never have been able to read it through to the end.

Plus perhaps I've grown rather despondent about the whole issue. Yes things have changed, many for the better, but still chance remarks by people, most of whom I consider close friends ( men and women), still make me cry hot tears of rage and disappointment when I realise that there's not going to be no equality. None at all. Forget in actions, not even in thoughts.

But then, this is the world we live in. And there's no god. Deal with it.

No comments: