Friday, May 28, 2010

10 K!

So after the 5K some time back, I managed to complete my maiden 10k as well this week. Much walking was done in the duration, but still managed a timing of about 1 hour and 20 minutes, rather better than I expected.

Of course the feeling of running with a ton of other people, is a high in itself, and the absolute nicest feeling in the world is to have people cheering you along the way. Reminded me of school, and those sports days, what kickass days they used to be! The sound of some cheering you on, the best feeling in the world.

So lets hope, the next time can be a bit better than this, better prep, faster and more constant running, and the same thrill of eating up the miles, the wind in your hair, and a song in your soul!

7 comments:

amitm said...

You did great, congratulations! :)
And huge thanks for nudging me into signing up too. That run was the most satisfying thing I've done in a long time (okay, I need to love my job more...).

veena said...

congrats!. I am still to join my joga classes!

Tess said...

@amit - thanks, and yes runs are satisfying aren't they :) jobs now are another beast altogether.. !

@veena - start start, soon soon!

raindrops said...

well done! :-)

Tess said...

@raindrops - thanks! :)

Guru Kini said...

Excellent! Always an inspiration.

~~ N ! T ! N ~~ said...

way to go...based on my personal experience i can tell that running is not happiness...it a joy