Friday, March 26, 2010

What I talk about when I talk about running - Haruki Murakami

Quite liked this book.

Its basically just a collection of random thoughts from a writer who's also a long distance runner. He writes about some of his runs, his writing, and a few bits about life in general. Some parts tend to get a bit boring.

But the 2 parts that I really enjoyed were some of the descriptions of the runs. Although I've never managed to keep up a regular running routine, somehow long distance running always fascinated me. The second part was somehow his perceptive and rather practical thoughts about aging. Thats something I totally loved, how he's treated it as something inevitable, which brings changes you might not always like, but which is nevertheless ok.

Nice to read something like this once in a while.

No comments: