Thursday, August 13, 2009

The art of Indirect communication

Thats an art i don't have, and no being frank and speaking straight is not an asset. Its a big big big disadvantage.

Saying "I don't know, and I'm sorry I don't have the time to find out" is not right. Yes there's a right answer to it, I just don't know it.

Saying "I'm not going to do this bullshit, simply because someone else is idling and not doing it" is not right. Yes, once again, there is a right answer to it, a right way to tackle it, and I don't know that either.

Saying "this is not a fair price, I'll pay x ", isnt a smart way of bargaining either. And yes, you guessed it , I sure as hell don't know the right way to go about it.

This is something I've been thinking of a lot lately. Things that happen at work, at home, when you're out shopping, or just trying to negotiate with life. I've always had a tendency to say straight out what i'm thinking, and somewhere along the way , lost the art of ungali tedhi kar ke ghee nikalna. And I also realise that it costs me. I pick more quarrels where I'm left looking like the offending party, when I could have answered obliquely and got back my own. I end up complaining and nagging about things which I can't seem to change, which I could perhaps have manipulated better and got better results. And needless to say, I end up being almost unable to bargain, since thats one area where this skill is put fully to use.

Anyone know of any diploma courses I could take in this?? !

1 comment:

Guruprasad Kini (Guru) said...

Time for your MBA-tomy, gurl. Enroll into Career Launcher or TIME tutorials now!
Get smart: Master your business and administration. Ask a certain brat from your team for details.