Sunday, April 26, 2009

Monsters vs Aliens.

I love most animation movies. The characters and memorable lines from a lot of them, have passed into daily lexicon in our house, and much fun is had remembering them. I try to catch them whenever wherever, and I believed that no matter how bad they are, they're still usually paisa vasool. 

So, this one, made me do a rethink. It was actually pretty sad, there were jokes which fell flat in their faces. Characters which didn't really endear themselves - forget endear, they were actually forgettable.  And the spoofs , weren't really that spoofy. I mean hey, spoofing 101 - just taking a reference to something, does not, a spoof make. You need to take the concept a step further and show something contrarian, and hence funny. 

All in all,  a bit of a disappointment. And perhaps a wake up call - not all animation movies are unconditionally good!

No comments: