Monday, October 06, 2008

WhatToWrite ??

Its been a busy 5 days, starting with a team outing , a quick trip to Delhi, another marriage, and then the ongoing discussions... There's been a ton of stuff I've been wanting to blog about, couple of books, movies, work, endings, hope for beginnings, however I find that I'm sleepless on this sunday night ( ouch monday already! aargh!) and quite unable to compose my thoughts in order to write a proper, logical , free flowing post. 

Failing which I'll scribble random thoughts instead.. 

The year and a half went past rapidly. Not something I'm very proud of at work.. but hoping that change shall be good! The team outing was fun.. I'd forgotten what an exhilerating feeling it is to whizz past on skates. Its also nice to let your hair down, and get into kiddie rides once in a while, reminded me of all the Appu ghar and Essel world days. 

Once in a while, its not so bad to almost miss a flight, and be the last one to board, just in the nick of time, grinning from ear to ear!

Cleaning out memories from a house can tell you interesting things, things  you'd forgotten about yourself, or perhaps chosen to forget. Looking at photos, cards, letters from long ago, feels almost like peeping into someone else's life, so much water seems to have gone under the bridge. That person, was that really me?? Hmm interesting, so perhaps I'm still like that, just don't realise it!

Its not easy to come to terms with the fact that some relationships have come a full circle, and the change is permanent. looking back will not help, and neither will filial guilt. 

Delhi's roads remain as they were 15 years ago, then as now, useless loafers roamed them at midnight. Then as now, I was lucky to get away alive and with my moral character (!) intact. And I have no regrets.

No ms chief minister, it is not adventurism. It is a sorry statement on your leadership that you consider ordinary citizens walking/driving on public spaces as adventurism, shame on you for suggesting such a thing, or expecting employers to provide "safety" for mid night travellers. Does that also mean that you have totally given up on those of us, who might need to use the roads for reasons other than work? The problem madam, is not police patrols, but the police personnel, who refuse to lodge FIRs. Police, who think in a certain way, of course you think the same way, and so do most of the judges of this country, and unfortunately most of my friends. 
So all I can say is, that in my view you are all wrong. Constitutionally and ethically. 

In other news, another one bites the dust! I wish her all the best, and do hope, that she will not vanish into the mists of the-married-ones, who crossed the threshold and never came back, ( there are a good number of those already!) 

A friend prepares to start sketching again, lets hope we get to see some of those famous funny cartoons soon!

And then there is the ongoing saga. Which I guess will continue for a while, lets hope it comes to a happy conclusion, the clash of ego's notwithstanding! :) 


2 comments:

Anantha said...

Cleaning out memories from a house can tell you interesting things, things you'd forgotten about yourself, or perhaps chosen to forget. Looking at photos, cards, letters from long ago, feels almost like peeping into someone else's life, so much water seems to have gone under the bridge. That person, was that really me?? Hmm interesting, so perhaps I'm still like that, just don't realise it!

Found these lines very apt. Happened to me so many times..

Times change.. People change.. We change... then we turn back and awe.....

Tess said...

@anantha - yes interesting bit, some things change, some don't. But its always a little awe inspiring to look back.