Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Thought for the day.

When dealing with people, let us remember we are not dealing with creatures of logic. We are dealing with creatures of emotion, creatures bustling with prejudices and motivated by pride and vanity.

-Dale Carnegie.

Time and again when I feel like ranting about people , I'm reminded of this quote I read 15 years back. So apt, so true, so insightful, so .. obvious? But yes when my own pride and vanity is hurt and I'm crying out saying - why, why, why - well then it helps to remember, the other party wasn't being rational either. They're also behaving like a wounded animal shorn of all logic. And there is not point in asking why, just accepting and moving on.

2 comments:

raindrops said...

good thought... how to think rationally when hurt, thats the question...

Tess said...

true.. its easy to rationalise, but so much harder to feel those rationalisations! Kathni aur karni- kitna antar hai inmein..