Thursday, January 24, 2008

Manorama 6 feet under.

Another movie I liked ! There seems to be a flood of them in the past few years, which is good news.

Could have been cut short just a wee bit, but I thoroughly enjoyed the mystery. Of course I could be a little prejudiced, because as I wrote earlier, I love the genre.

It reminded me somehow of an Agatha Christie. Yes , not everything in a murder mystery is 100% plausible, but the question is , can it take you for a ride and would you enjoy the twists and turns? In this case , yes I did. A few twists every now and again, keeps you guessing, and if its a little slow at places, well I'll forgive that.

Who was the girl? Was it a murder? What was the motive? But if.. , then why..? I like :D

3 comments:

raindrops said...

I liked it too! and yes it was a bit slow, almost sleepy in the middle. But that realistic fear of anything is possible, that middle class background, really good! I quite admired Gul Panag and have grown to like Abhay Deol.

Tess said...

I've grown to like Abhay too, he seems to have made an interesting choice of movies.

Guruprasad Kini (Guru) said...

I think they stretched it a bit. Good movie and they have even acknowledged the "Chinatown" inspiration through references.
I think Abhay Deol is the dude to look out for. He has been experimenting with roles ever since he stepped into the industry. Someday, something may click.