Saturday, November 03, 2007

Life of Pi - Yann Martel

Liked the book I just finished.

On the surface, a book about a boy lost at sea? But then the waters run deep in this one I guess. I'm not sure I've fully pondered over what is being said, but I've enjoyed what I've read. Taken at face value, I found the tale a page turner, if only to find out what happens next and how Yann describes it in his amusing turns of phrase. Scratching the surface a little, it does makes you ponder and consider rereading it again.

In some ways it reminded me of the Paulo Coelho style stories, with one major difference - Paulo's stories have just one level- the super deep one, which at least I find totally impossible to dive into. I'm assuming it exits because people keep telling me how amazing the books are and I've found them badly written, and the prose plodding along.

On now to an Amitav Ghosh :)

No comments: