Friday, November 23, 2007

FUBAR

That is the status of my internet connection at home.

Its next to impossible to get a decent internet broadband connection in the so called high tech city's "posh" area I'm supposed to be living in , a stone's throw from a whole slew of IT companies offices.

Airtel won't provide it, at least to me.
Our friendly neighbourhood cable, after promising to get back, ignored 6 straight calls from me.
Sify was fine while it worked, but once it stopped, it was a 10 day harrowing experiance of chasing phone numbers which were never picked up, and the "kal ho jayega" promises which were never kept.
Reliance was obtained after much running around for proof of address, half the time it didn't work. The average time you were kept waiting on hold on the call center was 20 minutes. And now finally the last straw- disconnection for non payment of bill, when the bill is not due to be generated for the next 7 days!

And of course it doesn't help that most call center employees seem to be selected for their jobs only after they prove that they have only a quarter of a normal human brain. Sure it looks like I have only half as well, but I think the half has the ability to recognise that its missing a half, while their quarter gives them the illusion that they are "not dumb" as the gentleman I called today told me.

I think the bottom line is that I should stick to reading books, and watching movies at home, and leave the net to work at office :)

No comments: